I thought I would share some wonderful Homeschooling Resources with you today!
HSLDA has so much more to offer you! At their website you will find:
- A Link to a Free Copy of “You Can Homeschool”–A Resource that will encourage you if you are contemplating Homeschooling
- You Can Homeschool!, How To Do It, and I Won’t Ruin My Kids?
- Info on Support Groups and State Laws
- Answers from Experienced Leaders in the Homeschool movement on your Key Questions (such as, Do I need a college degree, How much time does it take, Statistics regarding Socialization, What about High School, and “Are You Sure I Won’t Ruin My Kids?”)
- Useful Tips
Go to HSLDA now and check it out!
What is NHERI? From their website: “NHERI is the National Home Education Research Institute. NHERI conducts and collects research about homeschooling (home-based education, home schooling), and publishes the research journal called the Home School Researcher. The institute has hundreds of research works documented and catalogued on home schooling, many of which were done by NHERI. Simply put, NHERI specializes in homeschool research.”
Why should that be exciting to you? Well, every Homeschooling Mom has had to give answers to good, but difficult, questions from well-meaning, “concerned” outsiders, and wished she had:
- Answers readily available at her fingertips
- Something in print she could give to the person, that could answer their questions better than she could and
- Reassurance that what she *believes* is true about the rightness of her choice to Homeschool, really is!
Well, that’s exactly what NHERI gives you! It is a deep well of encouragement.
Here’s some of what you will find at their site:
- I recommend first, to you, the “Home Education Reason And Research” Report. It is an 8 page long, 8-1/2 x 11 full-color report which addesses topics such as: the teaching parent’s education level, academic achievement of students, population growth, philosophy, government (state) regulation and homeschool achievement, psychological and social development of students, and success of the home educated in adulthood, all with research to back up their findings. A great resource to share with concerned grandparents, and other random relations who really do care. (It will also greatly relieve your own mind as a Homeschooler.) One copy is $2.95, and the prices go down from there according to how many you order.
- Also available are Fact Sheets, each $1.00, that show the results of research on those questions everyone wants to know: What about Test Scores, Do Very Many People Really Do This?, Why Do They Do This? (Reasons for Homeschooling), Do Homeschooled Children Grow Up to Be Able to Function in Society and Can They Get a Job?, and more.
- Books including “Home-Educated and Now Adults” which highlights 7000+ adults who were Home-Educated during their elementary and secondary school years.
- They have a new DVD out, called “Home-Based Education: The Informed Choice”, a great resource for you, if you are considering Homeschooling, and a wonderful resource for you to be able to share with your friends and family.
- An Online Store
Check out NHERI today!