It’s Thankful Thursday, and I’m filled up to overflowing with thankfulness for the fun and encouraging experiences God has allowed this past week!
1) Last Friday, my husband took the day off and the four of us drove almost 3 hours southwest to attend the Minnesota Inventors Congress in Redwood Falls, MN.
2) Saturday morning, Kelsey and I attended a baby shower luncheon for Brianna and Baby David.
(And I got my “baby fix”.)
Brianna, David’s two Grandmas on the left and his auntie, and David’s Great-Grandma. Darling Diaper Cake! Super Cute Idea for decorating: Attach Letters spelling Welcome David to onesies (she got them at Garage Sales, very cheap;) and then the mom can take them home afterwards!
Tanner’s Graduation Cake
3) Saturday afternoon and Sunday afternoon we attended Graduation Open Houses!
4) Monday, Kelsey and I drove to Fergus Falls, MN, and had the distinct privilege to attend the NCFIC (National Center for Family Integrated Churches) seminar on our way to pick up my father-in-law, who is staying with us for a week! We stayed in the home of our friends, the Wolfs. (More photos to come.) We met Scott Brown and his family, and heard him and his son-in-law, Peter Bradrick, speak. They were phenomenal.Here is a sampling from the NCFIC website:
Road Trip Clips from Fergus Falls from NCFIC on Vimeo.
5) This morning Kelsey, Daddy and I went on a mini field-trip to the Wright County Heritage Center. We viewed the Smithsonian Exhibit “Journey Stories” and enjoyed Daddy’s explanations of what “strange-to-our-eyes” tools and gadgets were, and heard how they were used in his home growing up, and in his parents’ home.
There’s a part of me that the Lord filled up with warmth and love, especially on our trip to Fergus Falls and hearing Scott Brown and Peter Bradrick. I realized where the Lord has brought me. I realized we are experiencing what he was talking about, every Sunday. I am very thankful. I know that God was saying a special, “I love you” and “see what I’ve done and be thankful.” Do you ever have the feeling that God has reached down, held you, and filled you with sunshine?
Visit Iris at Grace Alone to read other thankful posts! Thank you, Iris, for hosting this month!
&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;lt;iframe framespacing=”0″ frameborder=”no” src=”http://www.biblegateway.com/votd/get?format=html&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;version=KJV”&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;gt;View Verse of the Day&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;lt;/iframe&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;gt;