Are you thinking, “How can there be any more to say about her trip planning??” I completely understand. I’m kind of surprised there is anything more to say, too:) But here are some stray thoughts of a few more things that I have on my “To Do” list (very random):
- Update our will:) I don’t think we’re going to get it done, but I’d sure like to
- Buy walking shoes and break them in (I got some at Clarks ON SALE! and they’re really comfortable and I’m so excited I got them on sale)
- Buy new underwear for everyone:) (got that done, too; fall is a good time to do this, as it’s usually on sale)
- Get out the fall clothes and buy some new items for family members (Jerry’s done, and I just have a little left to get for myself)
- Contact friends that we plan to stop and see (this is done)
- Research on NCFIC on their Church Network page and find churches to attend (almost done)
- I am so thankful that my husband believes in being in church. No matter what. Every Sunday. No matter where he is! Worshiping the Lord, not forsaking the assembling of the believers together. He’s even willing to contact people we’ve never met in another state and attend their Home Church! (That part is really so not like him. Who are you, and what have you done with my husband)
- Visiting other churches while on vacation is a fun way to see how other Christians do church.
- Advantage: You get to meet new “brothers and sisters in Christ” all over the country and world!
- Find someone to check in on your house while you’re away and give them a duplicate key. (Also, ask someone to take in your mail, and paper; or cancel it for the time you’re away.)
- Read up on the area you’re going to be visiting. Find out about festivals or special events scheduled for the time you’ll be there; find out what famous people are from the area, any historic sites, etc.
- Check your camera, camcorder, equipment–need to update, get any accessories, etc.?
- Clean and declutter your home. (“What if I die and someone has to come in and see it like this??!!!”) What can I say–I really do feel compelled to clean up my house before I leave, and there’s this inner “Aaagghh!” feeling right now because it’s not in the condition that I would like to have someone come in and see it in–even someone just checking on the house. (Guess I’d better move that up on my list or forget about it!)
- Pray and start to look forward to going and having a really good time!
So, did I leave anything out? Any suggestions for me before I go?
View Verse of the Day