Encouraging Moms is my passion and ministry. This past week I took time to pray about the future goals God has for “A Mom Thing” (my ministry to young moms) and also what He desires for this–His–blog.
God showed me that the goals for these two ministries are one and the same. I saw a vision of God spreading out His Arms wide and picking up in each of His two Hands the multi-colored threads of these two ministries. As His Hands came together, the colorful threads miraculously became a gorgeous tapestry! God showed me that He is weaving these two ministries into one.
Today, I begin to share with you the “new” direction He’s leading me. It’s really the same message you’ve been hearing all along, only more focused. These 7 Goals (or Objectives) are my heart’s desire and what I believe God communicated to me.
“A Mom Thing” and “Faith’s Firm Foundation”
I Will Be There for Moms to Help Them:
- Love the LORD their God with all their heart, soul, mind and strength (Deuteronomy 6:5; Deuteronomy 10:12; Mark 12:30)
- Love their Husbands and reverence them (Titus 2:4)
- Love their Children and train them in 1st-time obedience and honor (Titus 2:4; Ephesians 6:1-4)
- Accept joyfully however many, or few, Children God gives them–leaving this area, as all areas of their life, in God’s Hands (Genesis 1:28; Psalm 127:3-5; Job 1:20-22; Psalm 139:13, 16)
- Dress Modestly and Femininely (1 Timothy 2:9-10; Deuteronomy 22:5)
- Be a Contented Keeper at Home (Titus 2:5; 1 Timothy 6:6-10)
- See the Power and Influence of their Home and Family in Evangelism and Making Disciples (1 Timothy 5:14)
Q: If you’re a mom, your most important disciples are your children right?Have you ever written out goals from God for them?
Thanks for reading Faith’s Firm Foundation!
Leave me a comment, so I can get back to you.
Come back daily for more encouragement, tips, and
practical help being a wife and mom.