Subscribe and don’t miss a single post.
Like my page on Facebook to receive a free copy of
“Ten Things To Make Your Children Mind.”
Satan’s desire is to destroy marriages and families, and any fruit they would bear for the Lord. Marriage is the picture of Christ and the Church, and children are the picture of the disciples that a Christian makes. These are despicable images to him. He hates your marriage and your family. There’s no other way to put it.
He is waging warfare not only on families, but on the Home, where family life takes place. Satan’s goal is to keep families out of their homes. Busy. And separated. Why?
The Home Is Under Attack
One reason is that throughout Scripture God has instructed fathers to teach their children and their children’s children. Another is that the Home is where much of real Christian living is taught and caught. We are commanded in Deuteronomy 6 to sit in our houses together as a family talking about the truths of Scripture and about Jesus. Satan is desperate to keep families out of their homes so that they won’t be able to obey this command.
“And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might. And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart: And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.” Deuteronomy 6:5-7
We moms and dads are also to teach diligently the truths from God’s Word and talk to our children about them when we rise up, when we walk (together) in the way, and when we lie down.
We have to be spending much time together in order to accomplish the discipling of our children. Making disciples of our children, and then being part of our grandchildren’s lives, is God’s will, according to the above and following verses:
“I will open my mouth in a parable: I will utter dark sayings of old: Which we have heard and known, and our fathers have told us. We will not hide them from their children, shewing to the generation to come the praises of the LORD, and his strength, and his wonderful works that he hath done.” Psalm 78:2-4
“That thou mightest fear the LORD thy God, to keep all his statutes and his commandments, which I command thee, thou, and thy son, and thy son’s son, all the days of thy life; and that thy days may be prolonged.” Deuteronomy 6:2
“Just” A Homemaker
Being a “keeper at home,” a wife and mom, “just a Homemaker,” shows and teaches our children a million things, some of which are:
- That God is a God of order
- How a wife is supposed to treat her husband
- The relationship of a child to his father
- How a family acts and how to treat your brothers and sisters
- How to problem-solve, as a Christian
- As we pray and ask Him for guidance, parents and children learn that everything we do is in dependence on God; we are not acting in our own strength or wisdom.
- As we begin our day with the Lord and commit it to Him, they learn that everything we do is for His glory and in response to His commands or instruction.
- That God gives each family goals and purposes to accomplish and that how we order our home and lives is a reflection of that: how we schedule and plan and carry out His purposes for our family may be different from another Christian family’s, but will still be orderly, exhibit peace, and show God’s love to others. There are certain commands and instructions which will cause all of us to look somewhat the same; because we are sisters and brothers in Christ and that means there will be a family resemblance.
A myriad of messages about the Lord and from His Word must be communicated verbally, while living life as a family. But, a lifetime of lessons are taught and caught without saying a word! Just by being a “Keeper at Home,” loving your husband and loving your children.
The Home: The Most Important PlaceGod established marriage and the family to illustrate the most important spiritual relationships and showed His honor for the home and family and its ordinary everyday raising up of children, by placing His Only Son in a Home and a family. He placed His highest blessing upon Home life by placing this Baby in a Home and giving that most important job of raising that Baby to a young couple who’d never had a baby before. He didn’t give that Child to a group of Specialists, or place Him in a Daycare or in a school with teachers or skip any one of the moments which would make Him Who He was by growing up in a Home with a family. Ordinary moments just like yours in your Home.You are doing the Most Important Job in the World when you stay in the Home, teaching and training your children about the Lord, being Just a Wife and a Mom.
Thanks for reading Faith’s Firm Foundation!
Leave me a comment, so I can get back to you.
Come back daily for more encouragement, tips, and
practical help being a wife and mom.