Don’t Forget to go over and Enter my $20 Dayspring Giveaway!
On Mondays I sometime feel exhausted from weekend busyness. How about you? Moving slowly, trying to get myself going. And working at encouraging myself. That’s why I started this meme, Mondays Are Great: to help us redeem and reclaim Mondays. I believe we’ve given ourselves permission to complain and be grumpy on Mondays! This is not a Biblical mindset! And I can be just as guilty as anyone.
So, “Mondays Are Great” gives a reason to look for things to be grateful for and rejoicing about! I believe when we look for them, we’ll find them in abundance and it will turn our attitudes around on Mondays. Plan ahead to link up. This is your invitation to open your eyes to ways the Lord has encouraged and blessed you and to share that with the rest of us.
Do you ever encourage your heart? You know, like David did in 1 Samuel 30, verse 6?
And David was greatly distressed; for the people spake of stoning him, because the soul of all the people was grieved, every man for his sons and for his daughters: but David encouraged himself in the LORD his God. (emphasis mine)
One way I encourage myself in the Lord is to bathe my heart and mind in God’s Word, having an extended time of Bible reading, but stopping to pray as the Lord brings thoughts and burdens of my heart up to the surface. (I have to recommit to my New Year’s resolutions for Bible reading and prayer or eternal things can get pushed out of my day.) Another way that I encourage myself in the Lord is to remember and be thankful for all the little things He’s done and given, making an itemized list.
Here’s my partial list for the past 2 weeks, by way of an update on what’s been happening, and how the Lord’s blessed us:
- It’s hot in Minnesota! I’m so very grateful for air conditioning. The picture above is of the indoor thermometer I have by the window over my kitchen sink, which faces east and a little south. When the morning sun hits it, it can read a little hotter than actual, but with the heat index reaching 110-115 degrees Fahrenheit, it’s hot. Everytime I go outside my glasses fog up!
- Two younger mom friends who I especially wanted to talk to at church yesterday blessed me so much by seeking me out!
- The Lord answered my question of Him through the hymn, “Be Still My Soul,” which we sang in church yesterday.
- With one less vehicle, I was grateful once more for the fact that I’m a stay-at-home-mom. When needed, we had vehicles to use, plus one, thanks to my son. I greatly appreciated my husband‘s sacrificial willingness to drive our old “beater” Ford truck to work, with no air conditioning.
- Our family time went fairly smoothly during the visit of my brother and nephew from Florida, and the two weeks they stayed with us went very fast. (Two incidents which the Lord worked out: Costly towing 100-plus miles of my mom’s car which my brother had borrowed–the Lord blessed in that it broke down near an auto garage and was able to be repaired by my husband without taking time off from work. Secondly, the ultrasound my brother needed was fine, and he only was suffering severe dehydration, which was a praise in light of his former bladder cancer and kidney transplant.)
- We found a “new” used minivan, nicer and sooner than I expected, and we all love it!
- How much room a vehicle has is an important feature to my husband, which my husband and son proved on Saturday, helping a young couple move into their first home. If I weren’t looking for it, I might have missed the Lord’s timing in our buying this van a week before their move, but now I see the Lord’s Hand of blessing in that and am so grateful.
How do you encourage yourself in the Lord?
Did you see the Lord’s Hand of blessing upon your life this week?
Post and link up here, (don’t forget to include a link back here in your post)
and include the MAG button somewhere in your post!
Leave a comment and share!