Subscribe to Faith’s Firm Foundation by email to Enter. Click on the link for bonus entry information. Contest ends Tuesday!
Here is my latest list of Top Ten Ways God is Encouraging Me:
- Celebrating my Spiritual Birthday this Thursday, October 6: Love Lifted Me! I am so very, very thankful for 36 years saved by the grace of my Heavenly Father, through the shed blood of Jesus Christ and His resurrection!
- The most beautiful weather this September! I love fall!
- Peace from the Lord: awhile back I made a conscious decision not to think or worry about the future events coming up, (they had the potential of being over-the-top, overwhelming, over-busy, over-emotional days with too many decisions, responsibilities and details). The Lord led me to lay it all on His altar, and live and think about one day at a time, asking Him, “What do You want me to do today?” He also gave me grace to shut the door against the anxious thoughts when they came pushing into my mind, “What about ____? What’s going to happen? How is this going to work out? What are you going to do??” As each event took place, and each day and week has passed, the Lord has flooded my soul with unspeakable and unanticipated peace. It’s been amazing. He’s worked out every detail better than I ever thought possible, took away my fears and anxiety, and left me with abundant joy! I am so grateful to the Lord.
- Our recent visit from our friend Alfredo, who is a missionary in Mexico, was the biggest blessing. God poured out encouragement to everyone!
- When my husband said, “We’re going to do (this thing)” I appealed, because I thought I couldn’t handle it, and it would put me “over the edge,” but God gave grace to quietly accept the decision, without arguing, as being directly from the Lord.
- God is giving me spiritual eyes to see the blessing of the above decision, because it’s causing other situations to be so much easier, and more peaceful. I’m thankful to the Lord for His leading through my husband.
- The Lord’s patience with me. (Oh, how I must try Him!) He continues to gently teach me the same lessons over and over and over again.
- Seeing my sin through the Word of God and His gentle reproving of it.
- The opportunity to ask and receive the gracious forgiveness of others.
- Hope for the future. The promise of heaven. The yearning to see my Saviour, and the awareness of His presence and love.
I would love to hear how God has been encouraging you.
Thanks for reading Faith’s Firm Foundation!